In order to receive payment of rent arrears, it is necessary to issue a notice stating the non-payment of rent by the tenant. This should be done within two months of such non-payment. We will consider as “unpaid rents”, at the most, those corresponding to the two correlative months immediately prior to the claim notification date and the subsequent months, up to a maximum of 12 months. (The claim must be submitted between the tenant’s second and third non-payment).


If the claim is settled, the insurer will request the insured for a power of attorney for litigation, as well as a certificate of ownership of the bank account in order to proceed with the payment corresponding to the power of attorney. The insurer will cover these costs; the property owner only needs to advance the money and show the corresponding payment document.