If you decide to take out Rent Default Insurance, you should bear in mind that, depending on the type of tenant, you would need specific supporting documents.

Here are the documents that you should have:


Salaried employee: Last 2 payslips + Updated employment report if less than 1 year old in the job

Public employee: Last 2 payslips


Self-employed: Personal Income Tax from last 2 quarters + Last annual Personal Income Tax return

Person subject to ERTE (Provisional Downsizing Plan): SEPE (Spanish Public Employment Service) supporting document

Pensioner: Up-to-date Social Security certificate stating the amount and type of pension

Unemployed: SEPE supporting document indicating the daily amount of money to be received and the duration of this benefit