Car classes are used to position each model in the automotive market. These models are generally classified by size or by vehicle use.
In Europe, these categories are defined by alphabetical segments:
- Category " B0 " : Micro-urban
- Category A or "B1": Mini-city cars
- Category B or "B2": Multi-purpose city cars
- Category C or "M1": Compact sedans
- Category D or "M2" : Sedans size S
- Category E : Sedans size M
- Category F : Sedans size L
- SUVs, All Terrain Vehicles and Pickups: Small and Large
- MPVs in several of the above categories.